Web Conferencing (Adobe Connect)
Go to http://webconf.uit.tufts.edu, and login using your Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
A web videoconference uses a combination of video and audio telephony technologies to allow two or more users (or locations) to connect, meet, and collaborate via the Internet. Conference attendees can interact with each other and share information the way they would in a face-to-face setting.
- Share visuals - One of the most important aspects of a web conference is the ability to share visuals with each other in real time. Participants can see what a presenter in a different location is displaying on his or her computer.
- Talk to each other - Participants can talk to each other with the use of a headset microphone or USB speakerphone. There is also a chat area, where participants can type to each other. Another option is to forgo the built-in voice tool (VoIP) and call meeting attendees on the phone.
- See each other - Participants can see each other when using optional webcams.
To be able to join a conference, participant computers must meet two basic requirements: a connection to the Internet and Adobe Flash installed. Because Adobe Flash is a common requirement of Internet sites that feature video, most computers will already have Flash installed.
Logging into Adobe Connect
- Open a browser window and go to https://webconf.uit.tufts.edu.
- Enter your Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
- Click Login.
Creating a Meeting
To create a meeting, complete the following steps:
- Click Create New: Meeting.
- Enter a meeting name, a descriptive term to be used in the meeting URL, Date/Start Time and Duration. For recurring meetings the Date field can be edited iteratively.
- Select the Access setting that reads: “Anyone who has the URL for the meeting can enter the room.”
- Leave the default setting for audio that reads; “Do not include any audio conference with this meeting.”
- Click Finish.
- Invite people to your meeting by selecting the Invitations tab where Adobe Connect provides a button to launch your e-mail client with an e-mail containing the meeting details.
- Select invitees, and click Send.