Desktop Video Conferencing (Jabber Video)
To begin using Jabber, go to Start - Programs and select Cisco - Cisco TelePresence Jabber.
Desktop Video conferencing allows individuals at multiple locations to interact or share applications via simultaneous video and audio transmissions. This brings enhanced benefits to collaboration between you and others at Tufts, as well as with others outside of the Tufts community.
- Enjoy the benefits of face-to-face interaction
- Share applications, documents, plans or presentations
- Conduct a video conference with another individual
- Run ad-hoc or scheduled video conferences for more than 3 individuals.
- You must have Jabber version 4.1 or greater installed on your computer (current recommended version is 4.5)
- You must request Cisco Jabber Video activation from the TTS Customer Support Center via email at email@example.com or by calling 617-627-3376. Once activated, your Tufts Username and Tufts Password are your login credentials.
To check and see if you already have Jabber Video installed, complete the following steps:
- If using Windows, select to Start > Programs and look for Cisco - Cisco TelePresence Jabber or Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence (dependant on the version).
- If Cisco is not available from your Programs menu, request installation using the support contact information under the Need Help section to the right.
TIP: If you have LANDesk installed on your Windows computer, you can self-install. Select Start > Programs and look for LANDesk Management > Desktop Manager.
To determine your version:
- Click the Tools icon. The Settings dialog window will open.
- Click to view the About settings. The About settings will be displayed.
- Check to see if you are running version 4.5. If you are running an earlier version, request an upgrade to version 4.5 using the support contact information under the Need Help section on the right side of the page.
- From Applications, open Cisco Jabber Video.
- After Jabber opens, select Jabber Video from the Status Bar. Select About Jabber Video.
- Check to see if you are running version 4.5.
Cisco Jabber Video for iPad is not currently supported but on the roadmap for future support.