Adobe Software Products
Adobe products can be purchased under a volume consortium agreement between Adobe and the Northeast Regional Computer Program (NERCOMP), a consortium made up of New England educational institutions.
NERCOMP has entered into a Cumulative Licensing Program (CLP) agreement with Adobe. This purchasing agreement offers consortium members high volume discounts on both institutional and, under a separate schedule, personal purchases of Adobe products. Because Tufts is a member of NERCOMP, Tufts’ faculty, staff and students may make purchases under the consortium’s CLP agreement.
To take full advantage of the discounted pricing, purchases MUST be made through specific channels.
- For institutional purchases, all CLP-covered orders must be placed by the university with Software House International.
- For personal purchases, orders should be placed via the On the Hub web site.
See the Obtain Software section for specific contact information.
Adobe products are available for both the Windows and the Macintosh platforms, but you should review the Adobe product compatibility list before purchasing.
- Departments are responsible for the cost of licenses and/or media obtained as an institutional Purchase.
- Faculty, students, and staff are responsible for the cost of licenses and/or media obtained as a Personal Purchase.
- A faculty or staff member holding a license for an Adobe software product may install only one copy of the software on an institutional computer for each license purchased.
- Only one copy of purchased software may be installed on a personally-owned computer for each license purchased. Further, Adobe limits personal purchases under the CLP agreement to one copy of a given software title per person.
Institutional purchases may only be made by the university and may only be installed on computers owned or controlled by Tufts University, including those computers installed in university computer labs.
Personal purchases may only be made by University faculty, staff or students (individuals whose documented primary affiliation with the university is either “faculty,” “staff” or “student”). Software purchased for personal use may only be installed on a personally-owned, non-institutional computer.
In order to obtain the CLP discounting, institutional orders must be placed with Software House International (SHI). To obtain quotes and order licenses from SHI, contact Barbara West, Tufts' SHI sales representative. She can be reached by phone at 1-508-799-5433 or via email at Barbara_West@shi.com.
Media is not included with the license and must be purchased separately. However, before purchasing media, check with the Tufts Technology Services Customer Support Center to determine if a copy of the software is already available to desktop support personnel on a protected share.
In order to obtain CLP discounts for personal purchases, orders must be placed via Kivuto’s web-store located at http://tufts.onthehub.com. Kivuto is a 3rd party software distributor that Tufts has contracted with specifically for this purpose. Individuals wishing to make a personal purchase must first authenticate themselves by either clicking the Sign In link located in the upper-right corner of http://tufts.onthehub.com and entering their Tufts Username and Tufts Password or by doing so at http://go.tufts.edu/msdiscount. Once authenticated, individuals will be re-directed to the On the Hub site, where the order may be placed.