SPSS is an industry-standard processing package that is widely used at Tufts University. The package offers extensive statistical graphics and data mining capabilities. Tufts has a purchased an IBM SPSS Campus Agreement that allows for an unlimited number of installations of SPSS Base, Advanced and Regression modules on institutional computers in computer labs, libraries, offices, and any Tufts-owned and managed computers. Included modules:
- Base - Tools that support data aggregation, analysis, graphics and reporting needs.
- Advanced - Modules that perform various multivirate techniques.
- Regression - Module supports ANOVAs and several generalized regression methods.
There is no charge, provided that licensing requirements are met.
- SPSS Campus Edition licenses are strictly for use in direct support of teaching, research, and learning.
- SPSS Campus Edition licenses may only be installed on Tufts-owned and managed computers
LANDesk or a comparable product that will permit discovery is a pre-requisite for any SPSS installation.
Installation on Tufts-owned and managed computers:
To obtain a copy of this software and/or an activation code, submit a request via TechConnect and include the machine-ID where the software is to be installed/activated.
Home or Personal Use - Purchase Software:
SPSS may also purchased at a discounted price through On the Hub. To view products and prices:
- Go to https://student.support.tufts.edu/discounts/microsoft and select the Click Here link under the Microsoft logos.
- When prompted, log in with your Tufts Username and Password.
- When the On the Hub window opens, select either the Faculty/Staff or Student link and browse the available products.
- Click directly on a product to view the price or learn more about licensing restrictions.