Remote Network Access (Tufts VPN)
With the Tufts VPN, faculty, staff, and students can access Tufts network resources from any computer that has an active connection to the Internet. There are two options available: Tufts VPN web interface provides a quick and simple connection option that can be used from any computer or wireless-enabled device; VPN Network Connect, a small application available within the online Tufts VPN, can be installed on any computer to provide a more robust connection that mimics an” on-campus” network experience.
- Access to your P: (individual), Q: (departmental), and R: (research) network storage drives
- Use Tufts VPN online for quick access, single file transfers, and browse-able network drive access
- Use VPN Network Connect to move multiple files or folders, print remotely to campus printers, and create persistent mapping for your network drives
- Web resources that require an active connection to the Tufts 130.64.x.x network can be opened and accessed from within the Tufts VPN website
Log in requires a valid Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
Logging in to Tufts VPN (web)
- Open your web browser and connect to https://vpn.tufts.edu/.
When prompted, login with your Tufts Username (UTLN) and Tufts Password and click Sign In.
If it's the first time you've opened the Tufts VPN site with your browser, you'll be prompted to approve the JuniperSetupClient.cab add-on.
Click the security bar warning and select Install ActiveX Control.
When prompted to install the setup file, click Install.
You will need to approve this small file installation once for each web browser that you use.
- The Tufts VPN window will open.
For more information about using Tufts VPN, view the Tufts VPN Tip Sheet.
Using Tufts VPN Network Connect
Network Connect is an installable software application available from within Tufts VPN. Once installed, you can work exactly as you do when on campus - access your network drives in My Computer, print to your office printer, and browse the Tufts internet with the same authentication you receive when logged into the Tufts network on campus.
- Begin by connecting to https://vpn.tufts.edu/ and logging in to Tufts VPN.
- Once connected, scroll down to the bottom of the Home page and, in the Client Application Sessions panel, locate the Network Connect link and click Start.
- If you don’t see anything listed, click the arrow at the end of the panel title to expand the listi
- Say Yes/Agree to all browser security prompts.
The Network Connect application will install.
TIP for Mac users: On a Mac, the Network Connect window will not automatically minimize. You can manually minimize it by clicking the minus sign in the yellow button.
TIP for Mac users: Mac users will have to click Sign Out twice; once in the Network Connect window and again when prompted or in their browser window.
In the future, you can connect with Network Connect by selecting Start > Programs > Juniper Networks > Network Connect 7.x.x > Network Connect.
- VPN tips and help - http://go.tufts.edu/vpnhelp