Enterprise architecture enables TTS and its constituents to achieve positive and cohesive university-wide results in support of Tufts mission and objectives. This includes analyzing technology trends, driving innovation and encouraging the adoption of new technologies, models, roles and processes that create better outcomes for students, faculty, research, staff and other constituents. Enterprise architecture helps to ensure that technical solutions and services are well designed to solve business problems effectively, flexibly and securely.
Some of the areas of focus include:
- Solution Consults – Enterprise Architecture can assist with identifying and realizing specific solution architectures that will best fit your business needs
- Subcommittee for Standards and Architecture – routinely meets to discuss/approve/publicize standards and architectures adopted for TTS systems. TTS uses standards to make our IT operation more efficient, sustainable and supportable.
- Enterprise Architecture Reviews – designed to be collaborative and open, reviews cover key aspects of new information technology purchases underway, to vet them for fit with TTS and university standards and the existing technology eco-system.
Benefits of Architecture Reviews include:
- Identifying key architectural concerns, issues or potential risks that, if possible, could be addressed up front.
- Fitting with TTS guiding principles, standards and policies.
- Meeting scalable performance objectives.
- Ensuring that solutions are supportable and sustainable.