Network Registration (BlueCat)
All devices that access the internet using the Tufts University network (laptops, desktops, e-readers, smartphones, etc.) must be registered before access is granted. IT Support professionals use the Bluecat registration portal, located at https://ipam.net.tufts.edu, to register an unlimited number of devices, review DNS information, and assign static IP or reserved IP addresses. Key features of Bluecat for IT professionals include:
- Remote registration of unlimited devices makes lab computer registrations easier
- Explore to gain a deeper understanding of the structure of Tufts domains, sub-domains, and DNS zones
- Change the static/reserved IP address of printers or servers that are moving to a new sub-domain
- Blacklist or delete hosts
- BlueCat Portal is for Tufts IT Professionals only
- Users must login with a valid Tufts Username and Tufts Password and be pre-approved for access
The BlueCat Portal provides Tufts’ IT professionals with the tools they need to manage DHCP changes and configure IP addresses within their subnet. If you do not have access to BlueCat, but have a demonstrated need, contact the Customer Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your:
- Tufts Username
- The name of your manager or direct supervisor
- A detailed explanation of your needs
To learn more about BlueCat, view the ITKB BlueCat technical documentation section located on the left sidebar of the ITKB.
IT professionals also have the option to use the administrative Device Registration login, located at http://hostreg.net.tufts.edu/admin, to service lab and end-user DHCP needs. See Network Registration - Accessing the Internet (Administrators) for more information.