File Version HistoryFile Version History
Box automatically keeps track of each version of a file that you save, making it easy for you to go back in time and view or restore previous drafts. This eliminates the need for you to save different versions of the same file with different names. For a demonstration, watch the video on Box Version History.
1. Log in to tufts.box.com with your Tufts username and password.
2. Find the file that you want to access the history for.
3. Click on the version indicator icon next to the file name.
4. A file preview will open with the version history panel on the right-hand side. The most current version of the file is shown on the left.
5. To preview a version, click on it in the history timeline. The version preview will appear on the left.
6. A More Options button () will also be available.
Clicking on the More Options button will open a dropdown menu. From here, you can:
- Preview () - Open a preview of the file version.
- Download () - Save a copy of the file version.
- Make Current () - Create a duplicate of the file version and make it the most current version of this file.
- Delete () - Remove the file version from the history timeline.