Distribute Your ProjectDistribute Your Project
When your project is created, you're ready to publish and distribute it! When you choose a distribution method in the Distributions section of the top menu, your survey will automatically be published and live.
There are many options for distributing your project, which are covered below. The most common option for distributing projects is one single link that you can widely distribute, which Qualtrics calls a single reusable link or an Anonymous Link. These are the same, but the term differs depending on which Qualtrics screen you are on.
There are two methods for distributing your survey: using an Anonymous Survey Link and using the Qualtrics Mailer.
- A Single Survey Link
- This is a basic hyperlink used to take your survey; anyone with the link can take your survey.
- This link may be distributed by pasting it into an email or onto a website. Anyone who clicks on the link will be able to take the survey. Because this link by default allows anyone with the link to take your survey, it is also called an "anonymous link". This page will explain how to create and use the anonymous survey link.
- The Qualtrics Mailer
Please note that this method sends an email from the Qualtrics website, not from your own Outlook. If you wish to send your survey to an eList, you'll use the single survey link above.
- The Qualtrics Mailer provides a convenient way to distribute your survey to specific groups of people. You will upload or create a list of user's email addresses in Qualtrics, and Qualtrics will automatically send an email with the survey to each user. Each user will get a specific individual link, such as https://yourSurvey/Bob and https://yourSurvey/Sally.
- This method also provides a way to automatically send reminders and thank yous to participants.
- To use the Qualtrics mailer, you'll need to create a contact list in Qualtrics.
- On this page you will learn the basics of how to use the Qualtrics Mailer.
Qualtrics Offline Surveys is an application available for iOS and Android that allows you to have respondents take a survey on your mobile device without an Internet connection. Responses for a survey can be collected in the app on your device, and then uploaded back into Tufts Qualtrics when you have an Internet connection. This app is available for iPad, iPhone, and Android tablets and smartphones.
- Contact the TTS service desk at (617) 627-3376 or email@example.com to request that they enable these two features in your Qualtrics account: Use Offline Mobile App and Access API.
- Once these features have been enabled, follow these steps to download and set up the Qualtrics Offline App.
- Next, follow these steps to start collecting and uploading responses to Qualtrics surveys while offline.
Once you've published and distributed your project, you can still make changes to the project, which will not be live to users until you explicitly re-publish the survey. For example, you might want to add questions to a quiz, add a translation to a survey, or rearrange a form completely. These changes will be saved automatically as a new project draft, and you can always leave Qualtrics and come back later to continue working on the draft. Until you publish your new draft, the survey remains live with the last published version.
Again, if your survey is live and has been distributed, end users can see and submit responses to the last published version, not the draft you're currently working on.
After you've finished your edits, you can make your edits live by:
- Go to the Survey Builder tab
- Choose Publish in the top right.
- In the Description field, add a helpful comment of what you've changed, such as "Added Staff Questions".
- Click Publish.