AnyConnect App for the iPhone or iPadAnyConnect App for the iPhone or iPad
Tufts VPN can be used from an iOS device (including iPhones and iPads) by downloading the AnyConnect application from the App Store. It provides Tufts users with a secure remote link to the Tufts network allowing mobile devices access to web pages that have Tufts-only access restrictions. While connected, all of your data traffic will go over the VPN which creates adherence to all Tufts Acceptable Use Policies.
As with the desktop application, logging into the Tufts VPN on the mobile app will require you to complete two-factor authentication.
- From the App Store on your iPhone or iPad click the Search icon.
- Enter anyconnect in the search field.
- Select Cisco AnyConnect.
- Click Get.
- Tap the Install button to install the AnyConnect app.
- Enter your Apple ID password.
- Click OK.
1. From your home screen, tap the AnyConnect icon to open the app.
2. After opening the application, tap Connections.
3. Tap Add VPN Connection... to create a shortcut to the Tufts VPN.
4. Description - Tufts VPN
5. Server Address - http://vpn.tufts.edu/duo
6. Tap Save.
7. Select Allow to allow AnyConnect to modify your device's VPN configurations.
You now have a shortcut to the Tufts VPN saved and available to you for future use. Remember to disconnect at the end of every session to ensure that you do not have a secure link open for another user to access.
1. From the home screen, tap the AnyConnect icon to open the app.
2. In the Connections section, make sure you have the Tufts VPN selected.
3. To begin connection, slide the AnyConnect VPN slider from OFF to ON. An authentication screen will appear.
4. Enter your Tufts username (ex. jjumbo01) and password.
5. In the Duo Passcode or Authentication field, you have some options:
- Enter the six-digit Duo Passcode provided by the Duo Mobile app on your smartphone. Then tap Connect.
- Enter the word "push". Then tap Connect. You will receive a push notification from the Duo Mobile app on your smartphone. Click Approve.
- Enter the word "phone". Then tap Connect. You will receive a phone call at the phone number you have registered with Duo. When prompted, press any key to verify your login.
You now have a secure link to the Tufts network available to you as indicated by the VPN icon in the toolbar. Note that while connected, all of your data traffic will go over the VPN which creates adherence to all Tufts Acceptable Use Policies.
Your device will display a VPN icon at the top of the screen when you are connected to a VPN.
Remember to disconnect at the end of your session.
Disconnect from VPN at the end of every session to ensure that you do not have a secure link open for another user to access.
1. From your home screen, open the AnyConnect application.
2. After opening the application, tap the AnyConnect VPN slider from ON to OFF.
Once disconnected, your status should now be Disconnected and the VPN icon should disappear from the toolbar on the top of your device's screen.