Office 365Office 365
Microsoft Office 365 (PC or Mac) is a suite of word processing, database, spreadsheet, and email software and is available for free to Tufts faculty, staff, and students for their personally-owned devices.
Tufts provides students, faculty and staff with Microsoft Office 365 for business and personal use. Please see the tabs below to learn more.
Microsoft Office 365 (PC or Mac) is a suite of word processing, database, spreadsheet, and email software and is available for free to Tufts faculty, staff, and students for their personally-owned devices. Tufts faculty, staff, and students have access to:
- Locally-installed full versions of the Office suite with the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote. Users may install the Office suite on up to five compatible PCs and Macs, plus five tablets and mobile devices
- Office Online, which allows users to create and edit files from any device using Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
- Automatically updatable, subscription-based software ensures faculty, students, and staff always have the latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
All Tufts students, faculty and staff have access to Office 365.
- At the login page, in the field that states email@example.com, enter firstname.lastname@example.org for the login account. Example: email@example.com.
- You will be redirected to a Tufts login page requesting that you enter your Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
After you log into Office 365, you can either use Office 365 online apps or install Office 2016 applications.
- To use the Office 365 online applications, you can click any of the list of online applications you see across the top of the page.
- To Install Office 2016, click the Install Office apps button in the top right corner of the page.
Like many applications that Tufts uses, Office 365 uses Duo Security to protect your account with Two-Factor Authentication. For those who wish to have another layer of security on top of Duo's Two-Factor Authentication, it is possible to add Office Multi-factor Authentication (MFA).