These policies apply to all events supported by AV & Media Services, regardless of campus or location.
TTS AV & Media services supports events on all Tufts campuses. Support is also available at many Tufts-controlled properties.
Requests and fees
- Place your request as soon as possible and at least 10 business days (2 weeks) before your event. This will allow for allocation of equipment and staff. We understand things happen at the last minute, but your advanced notice allows us to fairly allocate people and equipment.
- Equipment and staff are available on a first come, first serve basis. We will always make every effort to support all events, but we may not have staff or equipment to support last-minute requests. In those cases, we will assist you in finding a solution.
- Rush fee: Requests made within 2 business days of an event may be charged a $250 rush fee to offset time and effort required to re-allocate people and equipment. Your event coordinator will discuss this additional charge.
- Cancellations: Event cancellations are expected at least 24 hours in advance. There may be a charge for billable events that are cancelled with less than 24 hours notice.
- University Closings/Inclement Weather: Event support scheduled to take place during an emergency closure of the University, or due to inclement weather will be considered cancelled w/ 24 hours of notice. Our staff will not set up or operate equipment in unsafe conditions – this includes high wind, extreme rain, etc.
- Outdoor events should have an inclement weather plan submitted with the original event request.
Setup and breakdown time
- The person making the service request is responsible for reserving the space for the event. We can assist you with identifying appropriate spaces for your event, but we can not make reservations on your behalf.
- Please be aware that setup and breakdown time will be required before and after your event. Your AV Event Coordinator will work with you to determine the amount of time needed for your event.
- We support Tufts most University academic and administrative events that we have the capacity for without direct charge to a Tufts Department.
- We provide services on a resource-available basis. If a request exceeds our capacity to support it, we will discuss options with the requestor that may involve pass through costs with external vendors.
- Events with equipment needs that fall outside the scope of TTS AV service offerings or require resources beyond what TTS AV is able to provide may be charged for equipment and other additional required services.
- Student Organization events will be charged in accordance with our Pricing List.
- Tufts organizations without existing service agreements with TTS will be charged in accordance with our Pricing List.