Privacy Policies & Statements
Privacy as Information Stewardship. The University’s information stewardship policies provide direction and principles for the use and protection of personal information:
- Information Stewardship Policy
- Use of Institutional Systems Policy
- Information Classification and Handling Policy
- Information Roles and Responsibilities Policy
Maintaining Confidentiality and Privacy is one of the University’s Standards of Professional Conduct and Integrity. See Professional Standards.
European Economic Area (EEA) Privacy. The EEA Privacy Statements provide information about how Tufts collects, uses, and otherwise processes personal data and about rights provided under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Student Privacy. Policies under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) may be found at:
- School of Arts and Sciences and School of Engineering FERPA Notice
- The Fletcher School FERPA Notice (PDF)
- Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine FERPA Notice (PDF)
- Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy FERPA Notice
- School of Dental Medicine FERPA Notice (PDF)
- Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences FERPA Notice
- School of Medicine FERPA Notice
Additional Information. Additional privacy statements have been prepared by individual University departments and offices and are available directly from them.