As a subscriber to the Eduroam service, members of the Tufts community can get Internet access via local institutions’ networks by entering their Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
- Accessible both in the US and internationally in many locations
- Provides secure, instantaneous network access without the need to acquire guest credentials
- May provide access to additional network resources, such as print services (dependent on local institutional policies)
To connect to Eduroam:
- While on campus at the participating institution, select eduroam from the list of available networks.
- Sign in by entering your Tufts Username in the form of TuftsUsername@tufts.edu (e.g. email@example.com).
It is important to note the format of the Eduroam login username is different than your usual Tufts email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). The format requires the input of the TuftsUsername followed by @tufts.edu (e.g. email@example.com). This is not the same format used as the Tufts user’s email address.
- Enter your Tufts Password to complete login.
Additional Connectivity Information
In order to connect to Eduroam, the network adapter must support WPA2 and MSCHAPv2.
|Client Configuration Information|
|Network Name (SSID)||eduroam|
|Authentication Method||Microsoft Protected EAP (PEAP)|
|Inner Authentication Method||Secured Password (EAP-MSCHAPv2)|
|802.1x Setting - Authentication Mode||User or computer authenticator|