Microsoft Exchange Email
Microsoft Exchange enables seamless communication among faculty, staff, and students.
- Integrated email, calendar and contacts
- Self-service email forwarding option with Tufts Tools
- Access from any Internet-connected device via Outlook Web App
- Generous storage quotas for students, faculty and staff
- Mobile device acess and security protections through ActiveSync
- Ability to listen to or read Tufts voice mail messages in email
- Microsoft Outlook (bundled with Microsoft Office) is available for faculty and staff at no cost through the Tufts Microsoft Campus Agreement
- Deeply discounted Microsoft Office products are available for students and faculty/staff home use through the Kivuto Solutions Inc. web site
- Login to Exchange email with a valid Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
All faculty and staff receive an Exchange email account when their Tufts Username is created (students should see Microsoft Office 365 Email for Students). Use your Tufts Username and Tufts Password to login to your email account.
There are multiple ways to access your Tufts email:
- Go to http://exchange.tufts.edu/ and log in with your Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
- Install and configure Microsoft Outlook or Mac Mail to connect to your Exchange email account.
- Redirect (forward) your Exchange email to a personal email account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Configure the server settings in another email software app, such as Thunderbird, to receive your Tufts Exchange email (email@example.com).
- Configure your mobile phone to receive your Tufts email
If you have requested an account for two-factor authentication, it has now been enabled for OWA.
Five important settings:
- Account type: Exchange
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (ex: email@example.com)
- Password: your Tufts Password
- Server: exchange.tufts.edu
- Domain: tufts
For additional help with tablets or phones, see the mobile device email setup guides.
For more information, call 617-627-3376 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.