Tufts GIS Center
The GIS Center, which is funded, maintained, and supported by Technology Services, promotes and facilitates GIS, remote sensing, cartography, and geographic research and analysis by providing Tufts faculty, students, and staff with a wide range of specialized hardware, software, data resources, and reference media. Located on Level 2 of the Tisch Library on the Medford campus, the Center also provides a supportive learning atmosphere staffed with senior GIS staff and student lab assistants ready to help.
Features of the GIS Center:
- GIS account includes access to all lab resources and 1 GB of personal network storage with nightly backups
- Hardware resources include laptop workstations, digitizers, scanners, and printers
- Classes and workshops can reserve the lab (two weeks advance notice required)
- Access to the GIS Center is restricted to Tufts faculty, students, and staff who have applied for and been granted a GIS Center user account
- Use of the GIS Center lab and its resources is for GIS purposes only
The GIS Center is located at the far end of the Map room on the second floor of the Tisch Library. The Center follows the same hours of operation as the library, unless it has been reserved for a class or workshop.
To make use of the resources in the GIS Center, students, faculty, and staff must request and be approved for a GIS Center user account. Access to the account form and additional information, including the GIS Center Policy, is available at GIS at Tufts.
NOTE: Cell phone use is prohibited in the GIS Center.