Hosts may record some or all of a meeting from within the meeting room. When scheduling a meeting, the host may also choose to have recording start automatically when the meeting begins.
By default, the Tufts WebEx service will automatically transcribe recorded audio, providing users with captioned playback, if the recording was made to the cloud. Captions can only be completed for clear, high-quality audio. Also, at this time, only English transcription is supported.
NOTE: WebEx will only store 512 MB of recordings. See the tip on managing storage space below.
For a quick overview, watch this video from Cisco about recording meetings.
Managing Recordings During a Meeting
- As the host of the meeting, click the Record button in the bottom toolbar.
- In the Recorder window that appears, use the dropdown menu to select Record in cloud or Record on my computer.
- Click Record.
- Once recording is in progress, the Recorder window will have options to pause, stop, and resume recording.
Meeting recordings will not be immediately available, as processing and transcribing the recordings takes some time. The host will receive an email when the recording is ready. To access a recording of a meeting:
1. Click on Recordings in the left-hand menu bar of the Home screen.
2. From your list of recordings, click on the one that you would like to view. The recording will start playing.
3. For each recording, a list of file options will be present.
- Download () - Download the recording of the meeting (mp4), audio transcript (.vtt), or both.
- Share () - Email the recording to other people or create a public link that you can share. You can also password protect the link.
- More Options () - Change the name of your recording, add a description, or delete the recording.
Deleting recordings does not permanently get rid of them. Instead, deleted recordings are moved to the Deleted section, where they stay for 30 days unless they are restored or permanently deleted earlier by you. Because files in the Deleted section still take up storage space, Tufts recommends that you periodically manage your storage to prevent yourself from running out of space and losing important content.
Managing storage space
For each file that you would like to keep...
1. Download the file by clicking on the Download () button.
2. Save the file to Box.
3. Delete the downloaded file by clicking on the More () button and selecting Delete from the dropdown menu.
4. In the confirmation window, click Delete. This will move the file to the Deleted section.
5. Click on the Deleted tab in the Recordings window.
6. Click on the Trash () button for individual recordings that you want to permanently delete, or click on the Delete All button at the top right of the page to permanently delete ALL of the recordings.
7. In the confirmation window, click Delete.