Joining a Meeting
This page contains information on some of the ways you can join Zoom meetings, regardless of whether they are instant meetings or scheduled ahead of time. You can also visit the Zoom Help Center for more detailed information about joining Zoom meetings.
Want to try it yourself? If you'd like to practice joining a Zoom meeting and using some of the meeting controls, join a test meeting!
If you are provided with a link to a Zoom meeting, you can simply click on it when it is time to join.
Note: A Zoom account is not required to join a meeting this way. Anyone can join. This is useful if you are meeting with people outside of Tufts who don't have accounts.
- Log in to tufts.zoom.us with your Tufts username (e.g. jjumbo01) and password.
- Click the Join button.
- Enter a Meeting ID number or a Personal Link Name (e.g. jjumbo01) and click Join.
- You may be asked to provide your name and a meeting password.
Maybe you don't need the video portion of a meeting or you are unable to join on a computer. At times like these, you can call into a meeting with just your telephone.
Calling into a Zoom Meeting
- Dial in to one of the Zoom call-in numbers. (These can be found in the meeting invitation.)
- When prompted, enter the Meeting ID number and password.