Deleting and Restoring Content
Items stored to your Box account can be moved to the Trash if they are no longer needed. Doing this periodically will make your All Files list less cluttered. Once items are moved to the Trash, they will be kept there for 30 days. Don’t worry! If you accidentally delete something, it can be restored from the Trash and put back in its original location. You can also permanently delete items from your Trash earlier than Box’s 30-day automatic delete.
Keep in mind that deleting a shared item deletes it for everyone who has access to it. Deleted items can only be restored by either the person who deleted it or the owner of the item.
1. Find the file/folder you want to delete on the tufts.box.com website.
2. Click on the More Options button.
3. Move your mouse over the More Actions button. A menu will appear.
4. Select Trash. The item will be moved to the trash.
Reminder: Items in your Trash will be permanently deleted after 30 days.
1. From the tufts.box.com home screen, click on the Trash button.
2. Use the dropdown menu toward the top of the page to select what you'd like to view in your Trash.
- Items I Deleted - Will display files/folders that you deleted.
- Items I Own - Will display files/folders that you own that were deleted by someone else.
3. Find the item you’d like to manage.
4. Click on the More Options button. You will be given two options.
- Click Restore to move the item back to its original location in Box.
- Click Delete to permanently get rid of the item.