File Version History
Box automatically keeps track of each version of a file that you save, making it easy for you to go back in time and view or restore previous drafts. This eliminates the need for you to save different versions of the same file with different names. For a demonstration, watch the video on Box Version History.
NOTE: Box will only keep the 100 most recent versions of a file for viewing and restoring. Any versions that came before that will still be listed in the version history, but they will not be accessible.
Accessing Version History
1. Find the file on the tufts.box.com website that you want to access the history for.
2. Click on the More Options button for that item.
3. Move your mouse over the Properties button. A menu will appear.
4. Click Version History.
5. A popup window will appear with the version history of that document listed from most recent to least. The current version of the document is placed at the top. Each version that is listed will contain information about when it was changed and by whom.
6. For the 100 most recent file versions, you will have three options.
- Download – Save this version of the file to a location of your choosing.
- Make Current – Restore this version of the file to make it the current version.
- Remove – Remove this version of the file from the version history so it is no longer viewable.
7. When you are done, click Close.