Elist - Electronic Mailing Lists at Tufts University
Elist is a command center for creating and participating in electronic mailing lists at Tufts University.
A mailing list offers a means of communicating electronically with a collection of people through a single email address. These lists are a simple tool for collaboration and communication with a wide variety of the Tufts population.
Posting via Email
- Locate the list's email address. (If you don't know the address, follow the directions in the "Finding a List's Email Address" section below.)
- Open the email application of your choice (e.g. Outlook).
- Start a new mesage.
- In the To field, add the email address of the mailing list that you would like to post a message to (e.g. email@example.com).
- Compose your message, add attachments, etc.
- When you are ready, send the email.
NOTE: If the list is moderated, your message may have to be approved by the list's owners/moderators before it is distributed.
Finding a List's Email Address
- Go to elist.tufts.edu and log in with your Tufts username (e.g. jjumbo01) and password.
- Click the My lists button.
- Click on the list you want to send a message to.
- The e-list's address can be found toward the top of the page. This can be copied and pasted into an email.