Transferring List Ownership
Transferring ownership of an Elist can be done from the list’s Admin page. Simply add the person as a “privileged owner.” You can then remove yourself from the list or the new owner can do it later.
Note: If you previously added this person to the list as an owner but not a privileged owner, you’ll have to remove their ownership status first, then re-add them as privileged owners.
Transferring Ownership of an Elist
- Visit the Tufts Elist website and log in with your Tufts credentials.
- Click on the My lists option.
- Click on the name of the list.
- Select Admin in the lefthand menu.
- In the “Basic Operations” toolbar, select Users, then Owners.
- Add the person as a privileged owner on the list.
- Scroll down to the “Add owners” section.
- Provide their Tufts email address and name. You do not need to provide any private information (e.g. phone number, etc.).
- Check the box next to privileged owner.
- Decide if you want to make them owners quietly (without notification) and if you want to conceal them from the list’s menu page.
- Click Apply modifications.
Once complete, the new privileged owner will be listed. The star symbol () next to their name indicates that they have “privileged” status.