By default, the name that is used in your Tufts Elements profile and Discovery public profile is the same one that is in PeopleSoft, the Tufts Human Resources system of record. If you’d like to change your display name in the Tufts Elements/Discovery system, this can be done via the Preferred Name feature.
- Faculty do not have access to the Preferred Name feature. If you are a faculty member and you want to change your Preferred Name in Elements, please contact your school/department's office of faculty affairs. A staff member there should be able to assist you.
- This will NOT change your name-based search settings for automatic publication claiming.
- This will NOT change your name as it is listed on publications, grants, etc.
- This will NOT change your name across outside databases (e.g. PubMed) or internal Tufts systems (e.g. Tufts Directory).
- Log in to faculty.tufts.edu with your Tufts username (e.g. jjumbo01) and password.
- Click the Menu button toward the top left of the page. In the “Settings” menu, select Account Settings.
- Scroll down to the “Preferred Name” section.
- Enter a new first name and/or surname (last name), as desired.
- Click Update preferred name.
The preferred name that you entered will now appear throughout your Elements profile and Discovery public profile.