Using Kanban Boards
A Kanban board in Jira is a card wall, essentially mimicking groups of Post-It notes. A Kanban board shows issues separated into columns by their current completion status: To Do, In Progress, and Done. They allow you to quickly visualize where aspects of your project currently stand, and move issues between different completion statuses.
This page covers some of the basics of using Kanban boards. If you do not already have a board set up for your project, follow the directions in the "Creating New Boards" section of the "Managing a Jira Project" page.
A video tutorial that covers Kanban boards is also available.
- If you are not already viewing your project, click Projects at the top left of the page, then click the name of your project.
- In the sidebar on the left side of your screen, click Kanban board.
- By default, a Kanban board lists all issues in the project. If you want to view only issues assigned to you, above the Kanban board, click Only My Issues.
- The Kanban board will filter and show only issues assigned to you.
- On the Kanban board, click the issue.
- The issue editing panel will appear.
In the Kanban board, you can quickly change an issue’s status by dragging and dropping the issue between the different columns.
- Find the issue you’d like to move.
- Click and drag the issue to a different column.
- Drop the issue in the appropriate column.
- This will automatically update the issue status.