Microsoft Teams: Online Collaboration Space
Microsoft Teams is a virtual collaboration space that allows you to create/join your own groups (Teams), post messages, chat, meet, share files, and more. Teams also integrates with other services (e.g. Box, Zoom, YouTube, etc.) to make collaborating even more convenient.
Ways to Access Microsoft Teams
You can access your Teams content in a variety of ways and on different devices.
- Open an internet browser (e.g. Chrome or Firefox) and go to teams.microsoft.com.
- A Microsoft login page will appear. Enter your Tufts email address (e.g. John.Jumbo@tufts.edu) and click Next.
- In the Tufts login screen that appears, enter your Tufts username (e.g. jjumbo01) and password, then click Sign in. You may also be asked to complete DUO two-factor authentication.
- Microsoft Teams will load in your browser.
- Visit the Microsoft Teams download page.
- Select Download for desktop.
- Download the installation file. When the download is complete, open the file and follow the prompts to install the Microsoft Teams desktop application. If you are on a Tufts-owned computer and you do not have administrative rights to install applications, contact the TTS Service Desk for assistance (call 617-627-376 or email email@example.com).
- Open the Teams desktop application. If you are prompted to sign in, enter your Tufts email address (e.g. John.Jumbo@tufts.edu) and click Sign in.
- A Tufts login window will appear. Enter your Tufts username (e.g. jjumbo01) and password, then click Sign in. You may also be asked to complete DUO two-factor authentication.
- The Microsoft Teams desktop application will load.
The Microsoft Teams mobile application is available for both Apple (iOS/iPadOS) and Android devices. Search for Microsoft Teams in your device's app store. For more information, see our page on the Teams mobile app.