Reviewing the End-User Digest Email
An End User Digest is a summary email from email@example.com that you receive daily before 9:00 am. It contains a list of the suspected spam that has been filtered in the previous 24 hours. Opening the End User Digest displays an email listing of the suspected spam messages.
- View opens the email from within the Proofpoint server so that it can be safely read. By reading the content, you can determine whether or not it is spam.
- Release releases the email from the Proofpoint quarantine and delivers it to your inbox. (Note: if you have a Junk E-mail or spam filter enabled on your desktop mail client such as Outlook, the filter may also place the released email into a Junk folder. Consequently, if you do not see the released email in your inbox, check your mail client's Junk folder.)
- Safelist releases the email into your inbox and places the sender on a safelist so that subsequent emails from the sender arrive in your inbox. A safelist is also known as an allowlist (as opposed to blocked senders).
- Not Spam releases the email into your inbox and sends a notification indicating that the email was not spam. Future messages that are similar to that message will not be filtered out as spam.
- Score places spam on a scale from 1 to 100; the higher the score, the higher the probability that the message is spam.
Located at the top of the End User Digest email are four additional links.
- Request New Summary Digest sends you an updated Summary Digest reflecting all of your quarantined email plus any email filtered since your last digest was sent.
- Request Safe/Blocked Senders List sends a summary of all of your Safe and Blocked Senders. The summary includes further links to add or delete senders.
- Manage My Account opens a web page that accesses your account on the Proofpoint Protection Server. You may view quarantined messages, access your safe/blocked senders list, and carry out other management functions.
- Help opens a help page that encompasses many of the topics covered in this FAQ.