Reservation templates on EMS are used to search for spaces for an event. Search results can be filtered to suit your event’s needs. If you have favorite rooms that you like to use or if you have a specific room in mind for your event, you can check their availability as well.
For events that will occur during more than one date/time, see the page on Recurring Reservations.
The steps involved in obtaining a space for your event include:
- Step 1: Search for Rooms by Date and Time
- Step 2: Filter Your Results (optional)
- Step 3: Reserve/Request a Room
1. Log in to Reserve Tufts with your Tufts username and password.
2. In the My Reservation Templates section of the home page, determine where you would like to book space. Click book now next to the appropriate template. (If you want more information about a space, click the about button.)
3. A Room Request page will load. The left-hand window can be used to input search criteria and filter your results.
4. Date – Select the day of your event.
5. Start Time and End Time – Specify when your event is scheduled to begin and end.
6. Click Search.
7. A list of available rooms will appear in the Room Search Results section of the page. Results will be separated into two categories:
- Rooms You Can Reserve – Rooms that appear here do not require approval. If they are open, you can book them.
- Rooms You Can Request – Rooms that appear here do require approval. If they are open, you can request to use them. Someone will review your request and either approve or deny it.
Filtering by Locations or Features
1. Click on Add/Remove next to Location or Features in the left-hand menu. A popup window will appear.
2. Check boxes next to the buildings/features that suit your needs. Only spaces that match those criteria will be included in your results. The location filtering window is shown here as an example.
3. Click the Update button toward the bottom of the window to apply the filters to your search results.
Filtering by Number of People
1. Go to the Number of People section in the left-hand menu.
2. Click into the text box.
3. Enter the maximum number of people that could be attending your event.
4. Click somewhere outside of the text box. The search results will be updated to include only rooms that can accommodate your number of guests.
Filtering by Favorite Rooms
To use this feature, you must have favorites set up in the My Favorite Rooms section of your account settings. For more information, see the Managing Your Account page.
1. In the Room Search Results section, click the box next to Favorite Rooms.
2. Your search results will be filtered to include only available rooms from your favorites.
1. If you haven’t already done so, search for available rooms by following the directions in the Search for Rooms by Date and Time section above.
2. Go to the Room Search Results section.
3. Click on the Add button () for the room you want to request.
Note: If you need more information about a room, including the Point of Contact (POC) for the room or its Space Use and Reservation Policies, click on the name of the room.
4. The Attendance & Setup Type window will appear. Provide any requested information.
5. Click Add Room. Multiple rooms can be selected this way if necessary.
6. The room(s) that you added will be listed at the top of the page in the Selected Rooms section. (If you want a quick summary of your potential booking, you can click on the My Cart button toward the top right.)
7. Click the Next Step button toward the top right of the page.
8. Complete the Reservation Details form.
- Event Name – Provide a short, descriptive title for your event.
- Event Type – Use the dropdown menu to specify what kind of event this is.
- Group – Select the group that is holding this event.
- 1st Contact – Select the person who should be contacted if there are any questions or issues regarding the event.
- 1st Contact Phone – Enter the 1st contact’s phone number.
- 1st Contact Fax (optional) – Enter the 1st contact’s fax number.
- 1st Contact Email Address – Enter the 1st contact’s email address.
- Attachments (optional) – Use this to attach any additional documents to your request, including any required forms for the venue, service contracts, etc.
- Event Description – Provide a detailed description of your event.
- Do you plan to serve food at your event? – Choose Yes or No.
- Additional Information (optional) – Provide any additional information about your event.
9. Click Create Reservation.
If you requested a room that requires approval, you will receive an email that summarizes your request. This is not a confirmation. The Point of Contact for the space will send you a separate email to notify you if your request has been approved or denied.