Process a Refund
Need help? Contact Treasury@tufts.edu
To process an order refund and notify the payee:
- Once logged in to TouchNet, on the main menu bar, click Applications > Marketplace.
- On the left navigation menu, click Marketplace Home > [the Marketplace location where your store will be located, such as Arts & Sciences] > Stores > [your location, such as Art Gallery] > Refunds. The main Order Search page opens. Note: If you do not see the Refunds menu choice, check with your TouchNet administrator and ask them to grant you the Fulfiller with Cancel/Refund Rights Role.
- In the Order Number field, enter the Order number (Order ID).
- Click Run Search.
- After the order populates below, select Refund on the right side of the window, in the Action field.
- On the Next screen within the Refund area, in the New Quantity To Return field, select a quantity (e.g. 1, 2) and enter the total dollar amount of the refund in the Refund Amount box. Note: If this is a partial refund, do not change the Quantity and see the steps in the next section.
- Be sure to include a refund reason. This is helpful for both record keeping and it will appear in the email the customer receives alerting them to the refund.
- Click Process Refund. The amount is automatically refunded, and the payee is notified by email.
To process a partial refund and notify the payee:
- Follow the steps 1. through 5. (see above)
- Do not change the New Quantity To Return field. Instead, enter the amount in the Refund Amount field.
- Click Process Refund. You will see the total Refundable Amount change. The amount is automatically refunded, and the payee is notified by email.