TouchNet Login Tips
One of the most common issues for TouchNet users/store owners is trouble with passwords and logging in.
Chances are you've seen the following error when logging in to Touchnet: The credentials you provided cannot be determined to be authentic.
This is a generic error that means something is wrong with how you are logging in.
That may be one or more of the following:
- You are copying and pasting your login name or password and have copied an extra space
- You forgot to add c21525. to your username (using trieda01 instead of c21525.trieda01, for example)
- Your password has expired (they need to change every 90 days)
- You are locked out from too many (6) failed attempts - send an email to Treasury@tufts.edu and request your password be reset
- Your connection timed out (15 minutes) and you are trying to log back in in the same browser tab (must always close old tab and select a new one with the correct link- see below)
- You are not using the correct link to login - https://secure.touchnet.net/central
- You let your browser save your password and now cant log in with an updated password.
Here are some TIP reminders:
- Never allow a web browser to save your TouchNet password. If you do, you will not be able to reset your TouchNet password when it expires in 90 days.
- Always login at https://secure.touchnet.net/central
- Don't copy and paste your login or password - type them each out in the login screen. It's very easy to copy an extra space and this can cause your login to fail.
- Note that there is a period between C21525 and your Tufts Username (c21525.trieda01, for example)
- If you created a shortcut or bookmark for the TouchNet login page, make sure the bookmark link is https://secure.touchnet.net/central/, NOT the long link created by the system
- When all else fails, try a different browser (incorrect login may be cached in your browser)
If you've followed the suggestions and tips above and still can't log in, send an email to Treasury@tufts.edu.