How to Enroll and Set Up a Device
To begin using two-factor authentication, you will need to enroll and set up at least one device - a smartphone, a cell phone/flip phone, a tablet, or a landline (office or home phone). We recommend you set up at least two devices - a mobile device that you typically carry with you as your primary device and a second device as a backup.
- Open a browser from a computer (not a device you wish to set up), and navigate to the 2FA Service Page.
- Click Manage.
- Log in with your Tufts username (e.g. jjumbo01) and password.
- Click Enable 2FA.
- Click Start setup.
- Select the type of device you wish to set up. (Click the link below that applies to your device for more information.)
- Smartphone (using Duo Mobile App)
- Regular cell phone or smartphone without the Duo Mobile app
- Security key (U2F YubiKey)