How to Replace an Existing Smartphone/Tablet
If you have purchased a replacement smartphone/tablet, you should re-register that device with 2FA to enable push notifications.
- From a computer (not the device you are trying to manage in 2FA), navigate to the 2FA Service Page and click Manage.
- Log in with your Tufts username (e.g. jjumbo01) and password.
- At the two-factor authentication window, choose an authentication method to verify your identity. Note: If you have your new phone and the phone number hasn't changed, choose the Call Me option.
- Click Device Options next to the device you want to manage.
- Click Reactivate Duo Mobile.
- Choose the type of phone you are managing (e.g. iPhone, Android, etc.).
- Click Continue.
- Click I have Duo Mobile installed.
- A QR code will appear on your computer screen.
- Return to your mobile device and open the Duo Mobile application.
- If you receive the send notifications window, tap Allow to ensure your authentication alerts will pop up even if you do not have the app open.
- Tap Add in the top right corner.
- Select Use QR code.
- If your phone requests it, tap OK to allow Duo Mobile to have access to your camera. (See Email an Activation Link if you do not wish to allow access to your smartphone's camera.)
- Hold your camera up to the QR. Your phone should automatically detect the QR code.
- Name your account "Tufts University" and click Save to complete the setup process.
- Back on your computer, you should see a green checkmark over the QR code. Click Continue to exit the reactivation screen.
Once the process is complete the barcode on your computer will display a large green check and your Duo Mobile app will display an account for Tufts University.