How to Replace an Existing Smartphone/Tablet
If you have purchased a replacement smartphone/tablet, you should re-register that device with 2FA to enable push notifications.
- From a computer, navigate to the 2FA Information Page and click Enroll/ Manage my 2FA.
- Enter your Tufts Username and Password.
- At the two-factor authentication window, choose an authentication method to verify your identity. Note: if you have your new phone and the phone number hasn't changed, choose the Call Me option.
- Click Device Options.
- Click Reactivate Duo Mobile.
- Choose type of phone, click Continue.
- Check the box indicating I have Duo Mobile installed, click Continue.
- Return to your mobile device and open Duo Mobile.
- If you receive the send notifications window, tap Allow to ensure your authentication alerts will pop up even if you do not have the app open.
- Tap "+" to Add Account.
- If requested, tap OK to allow Duo Mobile to have access to your camera. (See Email an Activation Link if you do not wish to allow access to your smartphone's camera.)
- Hold your camera in front of the barcode or tap Scan Barcode to scan the barcode that is displayed on your computer.
Once the process is complete the barcode on your computer will display a large green check and your Duo Mobile app will display an account for Tufts University.