High Performance Computing (Tufts Research Cluster)
The Research and Geospatial Technology Services group supports scientific, mathematical, and biological research at Tufts by providing access to Emboss Bioinformatics server and the high-performance computing power of the Tufts Linux Research Cluster. These servers and their extensive list of installed software, editors, and compilers combine to create a high-performance computing environment worthy of Tufts research, science and medical communities.
- Online forms available for Cluster and Bioinformatics accounts
- Network-accessible Research storage is available to support data collection
- Tufts-sponsored Cluster and Bioinformatics guest accounts support collaborative research
- Account requests require a valid Tufts Username and Tufts Password
- Guests and students require faculty or researcher sponsorship
Access to the Research Cluster and Bioinformatics (Emboss) servers begins with the account registration form.
- Browse to http://research.uit.tufts.edu/ and select either the Emboss Server or Research Computing Cluster link.
- Log in with your Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
- Fill in out the form, correcting any pre-filled information that is incorrect.
- Remove the example text in the Usage Information box and briefly describe your planned use of the Cluster or Emboss.
- In the Type of Account field, select the account type you need.
Do not select both Cluster and Emboss. If you need to access both systems, complete the request form for one system, then, repeat the process for the other.
- When finished, click Submit Request.