Benefits and Features
The Tufts High-performance Computing (HPC) Research Cluster leverages the power of the many computers (compute nodes) to process large amounts of data and complex computing tasks in support of research. You can request an account by filling out the online form. Once approved, use your Tufts Username and Tufts Password to access the cluster via the Tufts Network or with an SSH-capable applications, like SecureCRT.
- Tufts customized version of SecureCRT has a pre-configured session for connecting to the Research Cluster.
- Guest collaborators are eligible for accounts with sponsorship from a Tufts faculty, researcher, or staff member.
- Student accounts require faculty or researcher sponsorship (fields provided in the online request form).
- Installed compilers include gnu C, C++, Portland compilers, Intel Compilers, python, Perl, Java, lisp, and others. Installed software packages include Matlab, Ansys, Abaqus, Mathematica, Maple, Comsol, TecPLot, and others.
- You must complete an online account request form and be approved to use the Tufts Research Cluster.
- Account requests require a valid Tufts Username and Tufts Password
- Guest and student accounts require faculty or researcher sponsorship
To request a Research Computing Cluster account:
- Browse to http://research.uit.tufts.edu/ and select the Research Computing Cluster link.
- Log in with your Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
- The form will auto-fill as much of your user information as possible. Double-check to make sure it’s correct, selecting the down arrow to adjust the affiliation information if it’s incorrect.
- Remove the example text in the Usage Information box and briefly describe your planned use of the Cluster.
- In the Type of Account field, select the Cluster.
- When finished, click, Submit Request.