Data jacks, sometimes referred to as network jacks, are located in most campus offices, classrooms, and dorm rooms. When connected to a printer or computer via a network cable, jacks provide a physical connection to the Tufts network for any registered printers, computers, and devices that are network-capable.
The Phone & Data Jack Work Request Form provides an easy, convenient way to place requests for jack activations, installations, and repairs.
- Technicians can activate jacks that have been deactivated for lack of use
- Average repair time is one business day from the time the trouble was first reported
- Technicians are available until 4:00 P.M. during the week
- No technician will enter a student room before 10:00 A.M
A computer/device must be registered to connect to the Tufts network via a network cable and data jack.
To have a new data jack installed, use the Phone & Data Jack Work Request Form and include:
- The number of jacks you need installed
- The number of data connections you need activated at the new jacks
- The room and building location
- Your Department ID number
To request an activation or repair of an existing jack or to report a problem, use the Phone & Data Jack Work Request Form and include:
- Your contact information
- Building and room number
- The jack ID
- Department ID number
- A detailed description of the request or problem.