The Tufts network registration form includes an option to manually register Internet-capable devices, such as e-readers, gaming systems, and DVD players to allow for Internet access.
Tufts policy requires all devices to be registered on the network before accessing wireless or wired (network cable connected) network services, such as the Internet. Computers, phones, and tablets can be registered via any Internet browser the first time they connect.
But not all Internet capable devices include a web browser. To accommodate this requirement, devices such as gaming systems, Internet-capable DVD players, and e-readers can be manually pre-registered using the device's MAC address via the Network Registration Form, located at http://hostreg.net.tufts.edu.
- Device registration lasts for 1 year
- Students have the option to use the Technology Support Center’s customized device registration utility to automate gaming registration
- Tufts users can register up to 10 devices
- IT Support providers can remotely register devices if you can provide the MAC address
- Students have the option to use the Technology Support Center’s customized device registration
- The connecting device must not violate Tufts network policies
- The connecting device can not be a hub, router, or network switch
To manually register your device:
- Browse to http://hostreg.net.tufts.edu/.
- Review the Information Stewardship Policy and click I Agree.
- When prompted, enter your Tufts Username and Tufts Password, then, click Login.
- In the Hardware (MAC) Address field, type your device’s MAC address. Most e-readers list it under Device Info. Gaming systems, DVR’s, and other non-browsing devices often display it on a sticker located on the unit or under Network Settings. MAC addresses are displayed as six sets or two letters/numbers, separated by a dash or semi-colon. Common MAC address formats: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx or xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx
- Fill in the remaining fields and click Register.
- Select Finished. The browser window will load the default home page once registration is complete.
- Allow 5 minutes before trying to connect your newly-registered device.
- If you are not receiving the wireless signal after 5 minutes, access your device Settings and manually select the tuftswireless network as your connection source.
Need help finding a MAC address? Call the Technology Support Center at 617-627-3376 or request help via email at email@example.com.