You can connect by choosing one of the networks below from your device’s list of available networks. Members of the Tufts community can also connect to the Tufts network securely from off-campus via VPN or at other institutions by using Eduroam.
Choose a WiFi Network
- Tufts_Secure is the preferred network for all members of the Tufts community. It provides an encrypted connection with added security protections.
- To access Tufts_Secure, choose the network and sign in with your Tufts Username and Password. Please note that you may be prompted to log in each time you connect from a new location.
- To connect to Tufts_Secure on an Android 10 device* use the following configuration:
- EAP Method - PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication - None
- CA Certificate - unspecified
- Identity - enter your Tufts username (i.e. jjumbo01)
- Anonymous Identity - leave blank
- Password - enter your Tufts password
- Check the Auto reconnect box.
- Click the Connect button.
*To connect on an Android 11 device, go to settings for “Online Certificate status”, select “Request Certificate Status”, and set the domain to tufts.edu.
- Tufts_Wireless allows you to register up to 10 devices and access the network from any location on the Tufts campuses.
- To access Tufts_Wireless, choose the network and open a web browser to connect to the device registration page. You can also reach the page by manually entering the address: http://hostreg.net.tufts.edu. Use the device registration page from a connected device to register gaming consoles, TVs, and any internet-enabled device that doesn’t have a built-in web browser.
- Tufts_Guest is the network for visitors to the Tufts campuses. The network provides short-term, hot-spot style access to the internet.
- To access Tufts_Guest, choose the network and follow the prompts to connect.