Stop. Think. Connect.
Stay safe online - DO NOT click on or open email or attachments from people you don't know or were not expecting!
Individual Data Storage (P:) – sunsetting July 1, 2018; phase it out completely within a year.
- No new P-Drives provisioned after July 1 unless explicitly requested
- Existing P-Drives will continue to work while planning transition
- Encourage use of Box, which along with Box Drive provides a similar experience when working with files directly from the desktop, Finder, or within an application.
"Secure Email" gives users the option to choose to send email to people outside of Tufts in a secure manner.
Status page is designed to provide you with a "real time" view of what's happening with those applications and services managed and/or administered by TTS.
NEW Secure Mobile Device Policy
Tufts University adopted a Secure Mobile Device policy for Exchange email in Summer 2013 and now will be expanded to included encryption.
What to expect:
- Most current devices are encrypted by default so this change will be primarily seamless and non-client impacting
- Effective September 1st, 2018, ALL NEW user accounts will be set by default.
Transition: Currently rolling out by School/Central Department
- TTS, Dental School are COMPLETE
- Veterinary School, Hospitals and Clinics will transition next
Call to Action: Ask how the schools would like us to approach transition and communications?
- Email communication to students; faculty/staff/students
- Select date for transition; communication
Tufts Mobile is a university web site that aggregates and delivers timely and relevant information in a mobile-friendly format. You can also download the Tufts Mobile app on your Apple or Android smartphone.
NEW Bioinformatics Service Coming Soon!
TTS recently hired a NEW Sr. Bioinformatics Specialist, Rebecca Batorsky and we're ramping up our new Bioinformatics Service. Stay tuned for more updates.
Contact: Rebecca Batorsky, Sr. Bioinformatics Specialist
Classroom and Learning Spaces Upgrades
The Learning Spaces Working Group is concentrating on the renovation of Barnum/Dana. This will include: a new active-learning classroom on the second floor; significant updates to the large lecture hall (Rm 104) and the theater space (Rm 008). Several tenants will be moving into the building, including Tisch College and the Film and Media Studies program. The current plan is to have the large classrooms ready for Commencement 2019.
Planning is already underway for the summer 2019 rounds and updates. We are currently working on finalizing the list; hoping to include projectors upgrades in Pearson Labs, Robinson Auditorium in Anderson Hall, and the Crane Room; an update of the AV in Eaton Hall (Rm 206); as well as exploring other possibilities.
Contact: Jesse Anderson, Associate Director AV and Media Services
AccessTufts 2.0 - February 2019
AccessTufts, the "one place to go for administrative content and services", including HR, Finance, and IT content. Major releases to include new navigation/information architecture and improved user experience.
Contact: Thom Cox | Call to Action: Encourage your staff to bookmark and use AccessTufts.
AbsorbLMS is a new LMS platform for professional development of faculty and staff. AbsorbLMS replaced our existing Skillport platform in Sept 2018.
- Who’s using it? Current Skillport content provided by TTS, HR, OVPR, Advancement migrated on Sep 4.
- Who’s next? The School of Dental Medicine is creating new content for Fall 2018 rollout. In planning discussions with OEO and Operations.
Value statement: One integrated learning management system for the tracking of compliance and professional development activities across the University.
Boston Data Lab
The Boston Data Lab, located on the Hirsh Health Sciences Library 5th floor, will have a soft launch at the start of the Fall 2018 academic year. The soft launch will include minor space updates in the reconfiguration of the public computer station to provide a better workflow to the space and additional computer stations along the window. Data lab assistants will be on-site to provide support to students, faculty and staff looking for help on a more consistent basis. TTS and HHSL has been working closely together to better coordinated our services as well as with the complementary service providers on the Boston campus such as CTSI, BERD Center, etc.
Project Charge: Formalize a collaborative learning and teaching space on the Boston Campus to serve as a Data Lab hub. As well as, identifying novel opportunities to leverage Tufts’ current resources, infrastructure, facilities, and services supporting collaboration, computation, consultation, and data management.
Fall 2018 course sites for the following schools and programs are available on Canvas:
- AS&E (all courses incl. Gordon Institute, Tisch College, the Ex-College)
- Dental School (all Pre and Post Doctoral courses)
- Fletcher School (all courses)
- Friedman School (all courses)
- Sackler School (all courses)
- School for the Museum of Fine Arts (all courses)
- School of Public Health (all courses)
In conjunction with the Canvas rollout, the Health Sciences schools are transitioning off of TUSK to Canvas.
- The Dental school is now using Canvas as of July 2018!
- We are currently working closely with our partners on the Grafton campus to plan and prepare for the VET school to transition beginning mid spring 2019.
Cyber Security Awareness Campaign
Watch for Security Campaign, Tips to be #CyberAware, Contests, Speakers, and more.
Apps and Software
Free and discounted apps and software available for faculty, staff, and students using their Tufts credentials.
Box - FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE!
Tufts recently added Box Drive functionality! Box Drive is the only unlimited cloud drive that allows you to access billions of files from the comfort of your Desktop without needing to take up much of your actual Hard Drive space. You can work with these files in the cloud just as if they were on your desktop through Finder.
Cisco WebEx released a new more modern WebEx user experience effective August 1. TTS is switched the default interface from the "classic view" to the "modern view" prior to the start of the semester. (NOTE: You can switch back to "classic view" from "modern view" at any time and vice versa.)