Don’t have antivirus software running on your personal computer?
- Choose and install an Antivirus app. See the information at TTS website - AntiVirus Apps to help you choose.
- Make sure the settings provide for automatic updates.
- Choose a setting that provides for automatic scans at least weekly. (Daily is even better.)
- To start, run a full scan. This may take some time depending on what is stored on your computer.
Important Note: Never purchase or load antivirus software based on a pop-up or through a link sent to you in an email (unless you just ordered it and it is the installation message). If you want that vendor's product, always go to the original vendor site or a known-good distribution site. Why? It is a common approach of criminals to use a pop-up or an email link to try to trick you into downloading software embedded with malicious software and/or that they are trying to steal your credit card through a fake purchase process.
Already have antivirus software running on your computer?
- Check that it’s up-to-date. If it’s not, it can’t check for malware that may have been released recently. Make sure the settings provide for automatic updates.
- Make sure it is set for automatic scans at least weekly. (Daily is even better.)