Adobe Software Site License for Institutional Use is Here
Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is pleased to announce that it has entered into a 3-year Adobe Educational Term License Agreement (ETLA) with Adobe for use of their Master Collection (plus additional software) on all institutionally owned and managed computers.
This decision comes as a result of Adobe’s recent shift in licensing, moving away from perpetual licenses towards subscriptions for software license bundles. To relieve the financial burden that some departments may feel as a result of this change, TTS is taking advantage of an opportunity to participate in an Adobe ETLA through NERCOMP, a New England consortium of IT professionals.
The new arrangement with Adobe will be similar to the university’s Microsoft Campus Agreement.
Although details of the ETLA are still being finalized, the advance timing of this announcement gives faculty and staff time to plan financially and gives Tufts IT professionals the opportunity to work out software deployment and maintenance details before the agreement takes effect.
Highlights of the agreement:
- This 3 year agreement became effective on September 1, 2013.
- Software installation is permitted on ALL institutionally owned and managed computers.
- TTS is funding this acquisition; there is no additional cost to the user or department to have the software installed on institutional computers.
- Student access to the Master Collection and other Adobe software products is available in campus labs and classrooms.
|Adobe Master Collection:
Faculty and staff who would like to have Adobe Master Collection or other ETLA-included Adobe software installed on their Tufts-owned computer can:
- Call: 617-627-3376
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walk-in service is available at the Technology Support Center, located on the Medford campus in Eaton Hall (Google Maps). Walk-in hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
In addition to the agreement for institutionally owned computers, there will be a low-cost work-at-home option available through the On the Hub (Kivuto) web site starting some time this fall. TTS will post updates about the personal-use Adobe agreement as they become available.
More detailed information about these and other software products available at Tufts can be found at http://it.tufts.edu/software.