Now Hiring: Academic Technology Fellows for 2016-2017 Academic Year
The AT Fellows program provides employment opportunities for students with an interest in designing, developing, maintaining, and supporting technology-based solutions to enhance teaching and learning at Tufts University. The program is administered within Tufts Technology Services' Educational Technology Services department (ETS).
Fellows are selected from diverse disciplines and work an average of 10 hours per week beginning mid-August until mid-May. Summer opportunities are also available. Pay rates range from $15-$20/hour depending upon experience. Work to ramp up on our tools and services can happen off-campus (online) before the start of the Fall term.
We hire high-performing students who are interested in technology in education as a whole but who also have particular interest and skills in the following areas:
- Experience with multimedia production, website development, support documentation
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Interest in teaching others about technology
User Experience, User Interface Design and Development, Usability, Accessibility
- Front-end development (HTML5, CSS3)
- Ability to look at code from various platforms and control User Interface
- Experience with user research, usability testing, data analysis
- Interest in Web Accessibility, and willingness to learn about assistive technologies, conduct product reviews and provide support
- Demonstrated aptitude for and ability in self-paced learning of new technologies
As well as being involved in new and ongoing projects directly tied to these interests/skill areas AT Fellows will be expected to become well versed in a variety of ETS tools and services in order to help provide support to the Tufts community on their use.
To apply to the program please email your resume and brief description of where your interests and skill set intersects with the program to email@example.com.