Apply Now for the Spring 2014 iPads for Education Pilot
The Educational and Scholarly Technology Services (ESTS) group of Tufts Technology Services is now accepting applications for Spring 2014 participation in the iPads for Education Pilot. The goal of this pilot is to leverage iPads to promote active learning and student engagement in Tufts classes.
All Tufts instructors interested in experimenting with the use of iPads in their classrooms are invited to apply.
To apply, complete the following form by Sunday, December 15, 2013: https://tufts.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_ePckAcNo8Ff1z7v.
Using iPads to Create Multimedia for Learning For Spring 2014, we are particularly interested in applications that propose using the iPad to increase student engagement through the production of digital content. While the iPad is not a good tool for high end video production, users can easily master its range of tools: camera, microphone and apps, to quickly produce multimedia products.
Some examples of using the iPad to create multimedia for learning are:
- Student fieldwork recordings and presentations
- Student research projects that document narratives (social, historical, cultural, environmental, health-related, etc.)
- Collaborative drawing, document markups, annotation, etc.
- Easily capturing and delivering course content to students to free up class time for more interactive activities
Faculty participating in the pilot will need to agree to:
- Fill out the application https://tufts.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_ePckAcNo8Ff1z7v.
- Work with ESTS and/or CELT staff on clarifying learning outcomes and incorporate iPad-based activities
- Provide digital content to showcase to the Tufts community
- Agree to work with ESTS to provide feedback (both instructors and students)
- Commit to helping ESTS collect back all loaner equipment in good working order and in a timely manner at the end of the pilot.
Please email Educational & Scholarly Technology Services (ESTS) at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.