lynda.com Online Software Training Available to Tufts Community
Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is pleased to announce that all students, faculty, and staff now have unlimited access to lynda.com, an online subscription library that teaches the latest software, creative, and business skills through high-quality instructional video courses. The Online Training Library provides access to thousands of hours of instruction for Tufts users, all free of charge, 24-hours a day. There are a wide variety of training topics to assist faculty, students and staff at Tufts. Some training topics include:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office
- iPad and iPhone essentials
- Social media
- Business, Leadership & Management
Whether you are a student using it to supplement coursework and reinforce materials covered in class, a faculty member providing tutorials above and beyond what you can cover in class, or a staff member who wants to learn a new skill to assist them in working more effectively at Tufts, lynda.com provides a number of options and benefits.
Benefits to using lynda.com include:
- Unlimited access to courses on a wide variety of technologies and disciplines
- Up-to-date content to keep skills current and to learn new skills
- New courses added every week
- Tutorials taught by recognized industry experts
- Access to instructors’ exercise files to follow along as you learn
- Closed captioning and searchable, time-coded transcripts
- Course levels range from beginner to advanced
- The option to watch complete courses or bite-size videos as you need them
Faculty, students and staff can access lynda.com, free of charge from on or off campus using their Tufts Username and Tufts Password (same as Tufts email, TUSK, Trunk, secure wireless, etc.).
To access lynda.com at Tufts:
- Go to lynda.tufts.edu.
- Click the login button.
- Enter your Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
NOTE: If you've had a lynda.com account in the past (at Tufts, a previous job, or a personal account) and would like to keep your course history, you will have the opportunity to enter your account name and transfer your training history during this initial login. This is only available when you first go in to create your lynda Campus account.
TTS would like to hear from the Tufts community about their use of lynda.com.
- What types of courses you are taking?
- Any ideas for curated playlists?
- Thoughts about ways lynda.com can be incorporated across campus?
Send email with ideas, suggestions and feedback to TTS Training.
To learn more about lynda.com, including a welcome video, a how-to-use lynda.com course, and to login and create an account, go to https://lynda.tufts.edu.