MATLAB - Tufts Campus License Now Includes MATLAB Academy
The Tufts MathWorks University License has been renewed and brings with it new benefits and features, including MATLAB Academy!
The license covers on-campus and home software use for all faculty, staff, students, and researchers, as well as computer labs and research cluster installations.
What is MathWorks MATLAB and MATLAB Academy
MATLAB is a software package - free for faculty, staff and students - used to perform a range of specific technical computing tasks, including matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms, and the creation of user interfaces.
Features of MATLAB include:
- Consists of a base module and a wide array of toolboxes and add-on modules that include Simulink, Statistics, Signal Processing, Symbolic Math, and many more. The list of toolboxes can be found on the MathWorks website. Note that our license does not include some products that are specific to commercial customers (i.e. DO Qualification Kit, IEC Certification Kit).
- Algorithms can be integrated with external applications and languages like C, Java, .NET, and Microsoft Excel.
- Provides functions for algebra, statistics, Fourier analysis, filtering, optimization, numerical integration, and solving ordinary differential equations.
Now with MATLAB Academy, the community can take advantage of self-paced training on MATLAB features that can be used in many fields to increase productivity, support multi-disciplinary projects, and enhance student skills. Whether you are a faculty, researcher, student or staff, there is something for you.
- Faculty and Researchers
- Sharpen skills and focus on relevant topics
- Increase productivity and collaboration by learning features designed to save time and share work
- Integrate industry-standard tools into courses without sacrificing valuable class time
- Enable teaching assistants to facilitate training sessions for undergraduate studetns using professional training materials
- Develop programming skills
- Learn industry-standard skills for an edge in job searches
- All Participants
- Access content that is continuously updated and always available anytime, anywhere with an Internet connect
- Monitor progress and print a certificate of completion for each course as well as get MATLAB certified upon completion of all six MATLAB courses
- Revisit content as many times as needed during the license period (Aug 1, 2017 - Jul 31, 2018)
All Faculty, Staff and Students at Tufts, can download MATLAB for free. Instructions for installation are simple but vary slightly depending on if you are doing a new install on a computer, reactivating or renewing a license, or installing in a research cluster (which requires a research cluster account).
An overview of installation instructions can be found on the MathWorks Software page. For detailed instructions, see the MathWorks/MATLAB Quick Start Guide. If you need assistance with installation, please contact the TTS Service Desk by calling 617-627-3376 or emailing email@example.com.
Support and Resources
You can find a number of helpful resources to get you started in the MathWorks/MATLAB Installation and Activation Guide including:
- Getting Assistance for MathWorks/MATLAB Installation
- MATLAB Academy - Online interactive courses providing a comprehensive introduction to the MATLAB technical computing environment. Courses include demonstrations, exercises, and quizzes you can complete at your own pace. Learn more about the MATLAB Academic Online Training Suite.
For additional assistance or questions about MATLAB, please contact the TTS Service Desk by calling 617-627-3376 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.