Policies for A/V Services (all campuses)
Requests and fees
- Place your request as soon as possible and at least 10 business days (2 weeks) before your event. This will allow for allocation of equipment and staff. We understand things happen at the last minute, but your advanced notice allows us to fairly allocate people and equipment.
- Equipment and staff are available on a first come, first serve basis. We will always make every effort to support all events, but we may not have staff or equipment to support last-minute requests. In those cases, we will assist you in finding a solution.
- Rush fee: Requests made within 2 business days of an event may be charged a $250 rush fee to offset time and effort required to re-allocate people and equipment. Your event coordinator will discuss this additional charge.
- Cancellations: Event cancellations are expected at least 24 hours in advance. If an event is not cancelled in time to inform our technicians, you will be billed for time and materials.
- University Closings/Inclement Weather: Event support scheduled to take place during an emergency closure of the University, or due to inclement weather will be considered cancelled w/ 24 hours of notice. No charges will be invoiced.
- If rain plans have been included, please also let us know 24 hours in advance.
Setup and breakdown time
- The person making the service request is responsible for reserving the space for the event. We can assist you with identifying spaces for your event, but cannot make reservations on your behalf.
- Please be aware that setup and breakdown time will be required before and after your event. Make sure your room reservation accommodates 30-60 minutes prior to, and after your event.
- Additional time may be required for setup and/or breakdown depending on the size and complexity of the event.
- Academic Events whose attendance is directly tied to a course for credit are supported without direct charge to the organizer. Course related events during normal business hours (M-F 9AM-5PM, excluding University Holidays), may have their fees waived. Optional Course related events outside of business hours will incur charges. Events that require substantial equipment or technical support, may have charges. These circumstances will be discussed in confirming the event.
- Basic University Administrative Meeting support services, during normal business hours (M-F 8AM-5PM) are generally provided without additional costs. Complex requests and requests outside of normal staff business hours will incur costs.
- Video production and streaming services will be billed for all events.
- All other Event support services are provided as listed in our Pricing List.