Forward Your Tufts Email
Beginning with the Class of 2015, Tufts alumni can keep their @tufts.edu email address for life by forwarding to an external email account such as Gmail, Comcast, etc.
For current users of Tufts email, although it is not recommended, you may forward your Tufts email to an external email account such as Gmail, Comcast, etc.
- Navigate to http://tuftstools.tufts.edu/.
- Select Forward my Tufts Email. The Modify Email Delivery window opens.
- Enter your Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
- Click Login.
- In the Modify Email Delivery window, in the Forward My Mail field, select Yes.
- Enter the email address in the Forwarding Address field.
- Alumni: Leave the Save a copy of forwarded mail on the Tufts server? field at the default No. Email sent to your Tufts email@example.com email address will be delivered only to your forwarding address and you will not have an archive of your forwarded email on the Tufts email server.
Current students, faculty, and staff: In the Save a copy of forwarded mail on the Tufts server? field, select Yes. Email sent to your firstname.lastname@example.org address will be delivered to both your Tufts Exchange mailbox and your forwarding address. This will count against your email quota. Remember to periodically log in to https://exchange.tufts.edu/ to archive or delete accumulated duplicate emails.
- Click Update.