Research Data Storage (R:)
Technology Services provides a networked storage solution, mapped or mounted locally as the R: drive, to faculty researchers who request it based on their identified needs. R: drive data storage provides multiple advantadges and is a robust alternative to the use of P: and Q: drives, where no research documents should ever be stored. Depending on need, multiple research drives can be requested in order to support multiple projects, laboratory instrumentation or security/access needs.
- Storage sizes range from 50 gigabyte (GB) to several terabytes (TB) or more
- Supports a small lab where multiple persons may interact with research data from computers at different locations
- Supports grant based projects that produce or require large data sets that can be accessed by multiple users
- Backup provided
- Storage can be made available to one or more accounts on the Research Cluster
- All R: storage drive space must be used in support of research-related project
- Student access is for graduate students only
To request research storage space:
- Review the Tufts UIT Research Computing storage overview.
- Browse to http://researchstorage.uit.tufts.edu/ and log in with your Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
- The form will auto-fill as much of your user information as possible. Double-check to make sure it’s correct, selecting the down arrow to adjust the affiliation information if it’s incorrect.
- Remove the example text in the Usage Information box and briefly describe your planned use of the research storage space.
- When finished, click Submit Request.
Please work with your departmental IT Support Provider to request or update NFS (cluster) or CIFS (Windows) drive mappings/mounts. Note that Windows storage is not mounted on the cluster and cluster NFS storage is not re-exported to desktops.
For additional information, contact RGTS at firstname.lastname@example.org.