What is Geneious Prime?
- Bioinformatics software platform with a user-friendly interface
- Available for Mac, Windows and Linux platforms
- Available to users at Tufts University and Tufts Medical Center
What are the major features of Geneious Prime?
- Molecular Cloning and Primer Design
- NGS Analysis and Genomics
- Multiple Alignments
- De Novo Assembly
- Expression Analysis
How Do I Install Geneious Prime?
Option 1: Contact the Tufts Technology Service Desk (TTS)
The Service Desk can help with installation and activation. Please submit a request to TTS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 617-627-3376.
If you are a Tufts Medical Center employee without a Tufts University Affiliation, you must use this option.
Option 2: Self service
If you have access to the Tufts University network, have admin access to your computer and wish to install and activate Geneious yourself, please follow the below steps.
Please note that if you already have Geneious installed and wish to activate the university license, you may start at step 4.
- Make sure you are connected to the Tufts network, either on campus of via VPN
- Download and install the most recent version of Geneious Prime (available for Mac, Linux and Windows)
- A window will appear to install FLEXNet, which is the license manager. Click “install FLEXNet”
- Run Geneious Prime and, when requested to activate, select the “Activate a License” option. You may also select "Help"->"Activate a License" from the top menu.
- Provide your Tufts email address
- Select the “License Server” option and enter values License server and port
- License server: lm01.uit.tufts.edu
- Port: 51,011
- Select OK. This will activate the license on your machine.
Tufts users are encouraged to reach out to the Geneious support team for both technical and scientific questions regarding Geneious use.
Research Technology staff are also available for questions and can be reached at email@example.com