Repeatable processes should be automated whenever appropriate.
- Increases efficiency by leveraging the reuse of existing resources.
- Elimination of manual tasks can increase productivity, reduce variances and help improve overall quality.
- Reduces operational and associated resource costs.
- Enterprise level processes should be automated end-to-end including cross-system dependencies whenever there is value in doing so.
- Services should be validated using automated tools wherever possible.
- Processes should be designed to be flexible and optimized to support automation as a goal.
- Conduct scheduled reviews of automated processes with continuous improvement in mind.