People should be empowered to take appropriate action and have the authority to make decisions in the best interests of the organization.
- Empowerment is an ongoing process of providing the tools, training, time, resources, guidance, and motivation people need to be effective in their jobs.
- Service delivery improves when people perform at an optimum level.
- Helps to foster a culture of innovation and to facilitate continuous improvements in service delivery by leveraging people’s skills and expertise.
- People should be entrusted with the information and the authority needed to solve problems and to deliver services to our customers on a timely basis.
- They need to feel that they are valued and that they can be recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments.
- People should be actively encouraged to develop ideas, to share their knowledge and to learn new skills that can be applied to their work.
- Empowerment implies accountability along with freedom to make decisions, to experiment, to take calculated risks and to learn from making mistakes.