Information is an Asset
Information, both structured and unstructured, is a valuable asset to Tufts and is managed based on this concept.
- Information is the basis of the decision-making process.
- Must be carefully managed to ensure constant awareness of its location, reliability of its contents, and access whenever and wherever necessary.
- Should have an owner wherever possible.
- Needs to be available to the community based on its classification.
- Must be actively managed via a formal governance process so that it attains its maximum value throughout its entire lifecycle.
- An ongoing awareness program should be in place to ensure that all areas within the organization understand the relationship between the value of information, sharing, and accessibility.